...Pumped Up Kicks..

3:35 AM

Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. It just sets the tone for my day ahead. A hurried rushed breakfast means that I am struggling throughout the day. A skipped breakfast makes my day dull and empty. When I started with weight-lifting (Seriously - Back in 2012) I understood the importance of a good breakfast and what it does to you. Before that, I would just eat about anything unhealthy for breakfast. It changed my outlook. I am not a hearty breakfast eater because it makes me feel sleepy.
A breakfast buffet is a different story altogether and that should be discussed in a separate post.

I am from the school of thought that preaches - " A good breakfast can make or break your day".
These days I wake up early and cook my meals for the day in the morning. Oh wait, I have already written about it. I am always on a lookout for breakfast recipes that I can take to work. I feel very peaceful at my desk. A couple of weeks back my Instagram was flooded with Banana Ice cream pictures.. I thought to myself why not this for breakfast?

So I decided to give it a shot and it was a surprise. Lovely flavor, quick, good and hearty morning breakfast packed with all nutrients. It sounds like a win-win. Isn't it?

Before I type the recipe there are 2 ways to have it. I like it frozen, creamy ice cream consistency.



Here is the recipe:
Ingredients:
1 banana
handful of nuts ( I used a mix of almonds and cashews. Also tried with walnuts and peanuts)
Dash of milk
1/2 cup oats
1 teaspoon cocoa powder
2-3 drops of vanilla essence 
For Garnishing (Options):
Berries
Pineapple
Nuts
Chocolate chips
Method
Cut a banana in to coins and place it in a ziplock bag and freeze overnight
Blend all the ingredients together
You can garnish with ingredients of your choice


Ciao..
Please ignore my ugly Tupperware box. I carry my breakfast to workplace so that explains.. ;)


You Might Also Like

0 comments